Contact: Tomomi Saito-Kalkhoven
Name of School/Organization: Pikake School
School Website: www.pikakeschool.com
Age Group: ECC (2.5-6)
Description: We are looking for a teaching assistant to provide support for who are guiding children (aged 2.5-6) in our school. This position's hours would be approximately: 8:45 am - 5:45 pm. We are looking to hire an assistant who can start as soon as we find a good candidate.
When accepting a position with Pikake School, the assistant teacher agrees to collaborate with other teachers in providing a nurturing environment that supports a child’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual development. Pikake School staff facilitate the comprehensive development of all students by interacting positively, confidently and respectfully with all children, family and staff members.
Some Expectations of Assistant Teacher are as follows:
- Collaborating with other teachers as a team member
- Knowing and following safety procedures
- Providing snacks/lunch for the children
- Offering assistance to children, when necessary per the Montessori way
- Leading and guiding small group activities (music, movements, songs and stories) in English
- Engaging in conversation with children to increase their opportunities for language
- Using positive discipline techniques to help students gain self-discipline and learn how to settle their own disputes using conflict resolution skills
- Assisting young children to use bathrooms or diaper changing
- Leaving the classroom clean and ready for the next morning including using the three-step process to clean and sanitize the tables and chairs
You should definitely apply to this position if you are looking to get into education or if you would like to learn more about Maria Montessori’s internationally renowned teaching philosophy.
Some benefits of being a Pikake Staff include:
- The opportunity to directly impact the education of children positively
- Being a part of our amazing reputation
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Health Insurance benefits are optional for full-time staff
- Simple IRA (retirement plan) company 3%matching as optional.
You may be a great fit if you:
- Enjoy the presence of young children and want to help foster their growth
- Demonstrate flexibility and consistency in your work ethic and history
- Have experience observing children and have a background knowledge of the Montessori method.
Per our DCYF (Department of Children, Youth and Families) regulations regarding educators, we require that all employees complete a PBC (portable background check), fingerprinting, have a WA State Food Handler’s Permit, proof of MMR (Measles, mumps, and rubella) immunization, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, and proof of a negative Tuberculosis skin test. If not yet completed, our team will gladly help walk you through these necessary steps.
We are looking forward to hearing from you. We would love you to be a part of our amazing ohana (family) of educators, taking this journey together!
Phone: (425) 590-9320
School Address: 16007 NE 8th St. Suite 200, Bellevue, WA 98008