The World Forum Foundation has initiated the planning for presentations at the 2011 World Forum on Early Care and Education in Hawaii. As has always been the case, past and current participants build the program. Typically over 500 people participate in the planning - deciding what topics will be discussed and deciding who will present.
If you have suggestions for topics to be covered, if you have a topic that you would like to present, or if you want to suggest someone else as a presenter, please share your ideas on the 2011 Presentation Proposal survey. Keep in mind these guidelines for World Forum presentations:
- Sessions are 1.5 hours - one hour for introductions and 2-4 presentations and 30 minutes for whole group discussion.
- Strong preference is given to proposals that provide a diversity of perspectives.
- Presenters are strongly encouraged to share stories and ideas in a warm and personal way. The reading of papers is discouraged.
- PowerPoint presentations are to be used for photographs and bullet points only.
- Each team of presenters is encouraged to communicate and create something new and unique together.