Contact: Sean O'Brien
Name of School/Organization: Arbor Montessori School
School Website: arborschools.com
Age Group: 1st grade - 6th grade
Description: Arbor Schools is looking to hire an Elementary Coordinator to support our teachers across three classrooms: two lower and one upper elementary. In the late summer, the elementary coordinator guides the seamless transition from closed summer classrooms to well-supported teachers welcoming excited students into a well-prepared environment. Throughout the school year, the coordinator ensures that teachers have the necessary tools and time to devote themselves to their students, building a cohesive team of educators, and provides needed support for challenging situations. In the late spring and early summer, the coordinator orchestrates and ensures the sourcing for the elementary curriculum plans for the following school year. Throughout the entire year the Elementary Coordinator markets the elementary program to existing students and other local Montessori schools.
Start Date: Interviewing will begin in November, with the successful candidate beginning in the new year.
· Ensuring authentic Montessori practice throughout our programs while meeting or exceeding curriculum guidelines for the state of Washington
· Give tours to prospective families
· Mentoring teachers and students as they navigate their growth
· Teaming with the Head of School and Primary Coordinator in their work with parents, teachers, students and the board
· Scheduling enrichment activities (such as field trips)
· Overseeing specialists that work with the Elementary students
· Collaborating with the Primary coordinator for reading buddies, lunch exchanges, joint field trips and transition visits
· Maintaining clear communication with students, faculty and parents
· Develop relationships with local Middle and High Schools to facilitate student transitions
· Develop an alumni relations program.
The successful applicant thrives on team collaboration, has a deep Montessori background, and possesses strong emotional intelligence and communication skills.
Arbor Schools, founded in 1993, with a student body of 150 from infants through 12-year-olds, is located in the heart of Sammamish, Washington. The student body is culturally diverse, reflecting the population of the high?tech community around us. Families are as involved as their schedules allow, participating in whole?school events and parent education. The staff is positive, supportive, collaborative, well?educated, culturally diverse and nurturing-great teachers and great people. For detailed information about Arbor, please visit Arbor Facts and Statistics.
5+ years in Montessori school environment.
MACTE-approved Elementary certificate.
Phone: (425) 392-3866
School Address: 1107 228th Ave NE, Sammamish, WA 98075